Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 60/Busy So I Need An Answer

It was a crazy busy day today, so I thought it'd be a good time to ask a question about something that has me stumped.

We bought the baked, not fried, organic blue corn tortilla chips at Trader Joe's this past weekend (see photo below). For a 7 oz bag, the price was $1.99. For a 16 oz bag of FRIED chips, they charge $2.99.

How is it that the fried version costs more than the baked? Anyone?

WORKOUT - BACK

All 3 supersets of the Week 9, Day 4 workout were focused on the back.

Superset 1: Hanging Row, Pull Ups (Assisted)
Superset 2:
Wide Arm Cable Row, Close Grip Lat Pull Down
Superset 3: Twisting DB Row, Wide Arm Lat Pull Down

Total Time => 46:15

Comments:

This workout just murders my grip and forearms. With the exception of the rows, all the exercises require me to hold on tight. This is terribly taxing for that "pump" set of 15 at the end of each superset!

The "pump" sets lived up to their name today. My back felt very wide all day.

The heat warmers are "on call" for tomorrow. Started feeling my legs tighten up later in the day.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

I started my post-workout meal off with a bowl full of oatgurt. I got brave today and, with guidance from my oatgurt pal, Heather, went with Asian Fusion for the flavor theme. I tweaked it for my taste by using 1 TBS tahini, 2 tsp raw honey, and 2 tsp of miso paste. My hesitation on stirring in that miso paste quickly turned to excitement on my first bite. Wow! What a great combination of flavors. Not sure why I doubted it would taste good. Sweet and salty. Yum!

To get my post workout protein requirement taken care of, I had a coffee smoothie with the following:
  • 1 C of chilled coffee (Cafe Brioso, of course!)
  • 1 C of almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder
  • 1 tsp chocolate extract
  • 2 TBS of cocoa powder
  • 2,000 shakes of cinnamon powder
  • 3 TBS of coconut milk
  • 1/2 packet of Vitargo Muscle Fuel & Recovery (more on this tomorrow)

















Outstanding of course!


I had a couple of The Cookie Cop's oatmeal-cinnamon-flax cookies and 3 raw brazil nuts as a mid-morning snack.
















At lunch time, I had raw tortilla soup along with a sandwich baggie full of the aforementioned baked blue corn tortilla chips.
















My afternoon snack was half of a tomato and a green bell pepper loaded up with hummus.

The left over veggie burgers and cole slaw from Day 58 made a convenient dinner for a busy evening.

And that's all she wrote....


No comments:

Post a Comment