Friday, September 4, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 35/Week 5 Is In The Books

Hard to believe another week has passed.

My results continue to be rather so-so. Considering the program says this 3 week period (Weeks 4, 5, and 6) are designed to be easier on the muscles, I guess this makes some sense.

One more week of light (relatively) lifting then it's back to pushing my muscles hard. Also, after 6 weeks of the same ol', same ol', my diet will change significantly. Stay tuned!

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 179.0 LBS (UP 1.0 LB for week, DOWN 0.5 LBS total)
BF: 8.1% (according to the calipers I have) (NO change)
Neck: 15-1/2" (NO change)
Chest: 39" (NO change for week, DOWN 1/2" total)
Shoulders: 47-1/4" (UP 1/2" for the week(!!), DOWN 1/4" total)
Biceps: 13-1/2" (UP 1/4" for week, NO change total)
Waist: 33-1/4" (UP 1/2" for week, UP 1/2" total)
Thighs: 19-1/2" (DOWN 1/4" for week, DOWN 1/4" total)
Calves: 14-3/4" (NO change for week, DOWN 1/4" total)
Adonis Effect: 1.421 (UP 0.018 for the week, UP 0.016 total)


WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

My lungs and breathing were quite good today again so I jogged and rode the bike even faster today than yesterday.


I should mention that I've been walking at a good pace for 5 minutes or so prior to hopping on the bike for the first interval.

Here is today's intervals:
  • Bike, Intensity 1 (warm up), 5:00
  • Jumping Jacks, Intensity 2, 3:00 ± (160 jumps)
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 5:00 ±
  • Flying Romans, Intensity 3, 45 seconds (15 each leg)
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 4:00 ±
  • Bike, Intensity 2, 4:00 ±
  • Jumping Jacks, Intensity 2, 3:00 ± (about 170 jumps)
  • Flying Romans, Intensity 3, 45 seconds (15 each leg)
  • Jog/Walk (cool down), Intensity 1, 5:45 (jogged 3:30, walked 1:45)
Total Time => 29:30

Comments:

Abs STILL feeling those reverse ball crunches!

Left heel was better today. Must keep stretching and rolling!

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today rather than the usual 1 minute per side.


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

For breakfast I another quarter of this new recipe from yesterday. Very, very good!

Along with the crustless quiche I also had Christina's homemade salsa. I used half a yellow bell pepper as a scoop. No fried corn chips necessary!

Everything all together...















How to use a pepper for a salsa scoop...















Mid-morning snack was the usual yogurt, ground flax seed, and whey protein isolate powder.

My lunch was the remaining wasabi salmon from Day 32 as well as a blended zucchini salad on the side.

Negative on the mid-afternoon snack today. I ran some errands at lunch and wound up getting back to the office much later than planned. The boss also let us go a little early today since this was the Friday before a holiday weekend. Woo!

No snack meant it was time for dinner when I got home. Tonight it was Spanish-spiced shrimp from our favorite cookbook along with some steamed broccoli and lima beans. Here is my delicious plate of goods...










Pre-bed snack was a 1/2 scoop of whey protein isolate powder and a little water.

No comments:

Post a Comment