Saturday, September 26, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 57/Don't Blink

Do you ever have days that seem to go by so fast that when you lay your head down on your pillow you're wondering if you ever left the bed at all?

Today was one of those days...no idea where it went.


We had to meet a tenant at the bank at 9:00 so we got up around 8:59 (haha), grabbed a quick breakfast and headed out the door.


From there, we were off to the last farmer's market of the season, at least for our favorite location. Despite the rain, we spent over an hour filling our bags with produce, talking to our favorite farmers and vendors, and thanking them for doing what they do. I was especially appreciative this year since we tried to grow some produce but lost interest early on. Next season, we'll be exclusively shopping. No green thumbs in this house. (~:


After returning home, it was time to workout, take a quick shower, and make up some lunch before the Buckeye game.


The game ended in a route, we fixed up some dinner, and watched The Biggest Loser that was waiting on the DVR for us from Tuesday.


I tried to hang to the end of the Penn State/Iowa game but it just didn't happen. Last night wore me out!


WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Week 9 of the Optimum Anabolics program is the 3rd week of a Progressive Loading cycle. This means getting more work load accomplished in progressively shorter amounts of time. In other words, this type of workout really gets the heart and lungs going.

The 3rd week is also the final week of the Progressive Load phase so it's a killer. 5 sets of each exercise are performed with very little rest time. The last set is a high-rep "pump set".

The intensity drops off again next week. I'm going to need it!

Superset 1: DB Front Lateral Raises, Standing Arnold Presses
Superset 2: DB Rear Raises, Side DB Raises
Superset 3: DB Shrugs, Twisting DB Presses

Total Time => 43:04

Comments:

My shoulder muscles continue to get stronger since the last Optimum Anabolics Progressive Load workout.

I thought I was going to pop out of my skin after this workout. I had forgotten how much that "pump set" blows you up.

I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike after the weights for some light cardio work.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION


For breakfast I repeated yesterday's recipe for (mostly) raw blueberry cereal. Perfect for getting out the door quickly in the morning.

Lunch was more of a post-workout brunch. I finished off the very last of the grass-fed meatloaf that I topped with some of the veggie burger BBQ sauce. Awesome! Dessert was two of Polly's oaty cakes and a piece of pumpkin bread from Bob Evans that Christina saved for me from her breakfast out yesterday. It went great with our rainy day and my Cafe Brioso coffee. Yum!

For dinner, we whipped up another batch of white bean hummus with Greek-style salad. After a big brunch, it was nice to have a lighter dinner.

That pillow is calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment