Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 39/Dinner For Breakfast

Or maybe the other way around?

When I was a kid, my mom would occasionally declare that dinner that night would be something that we would typically have for breakfast. Scrambled eggs and sausage. Waffles with bacon. Maybe soft boiled eggs on toast. One of my favorites!

A college roommate and best friend of mine and I carried this event on when I was at Texas A&M for a couple of years, too. His favorite was pancakes and eggs so that was our standard dinner about once a month.

Later, another roommate and I would randomly pick a night and do BLT's. "Back in the day" we'd go through a couple pounds of bacon, a few tomatoes, a head of lettuce, and probably a loaf of white death...I mean...bread.

Those were fun nights...something different.

I was in a bit of a breakfast rut so today I decided to mix things up and have pizza for breakfast. It's been a while, but my sister's and I used to go to town on leftover pizza right out of the fridge. How many times have you done that?

What do you do to break out of a rut or bust a plateau of any kind?

WORKOUT - BACK

Today was a repeat of Day 32 and Day 25. All 3 supersets of the Day 4, Week 6 workout were focused on the back.

Superset 1: Straight Arm Pull Down, Pull Ups (Assisted)
Superset 2: Wide Arm Cable Row,
Close Grip Lat Pull Down
Superset 3: Close Grip Cable Row, Wide Arm Lat PD

Total Time => 39:19

Comments:

I did well at pre-setting the weights today and meeting the prescribed rest periods. To get this done in one minute or less meant go, go, go!

Weights used today were just about perfect. Third time (week) is a charm!

Felt very strong again today. Is this a trend?

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

As I mentioned in the opening part of this post, I went with dinner for breakfast today. I had the last of the gluten-free pizza and half an energy bar I bought at the farmer's market from my buddy, Craig, The Cookie Cop. I also knocked back a low-fat, low-carb smoothie. I blended up 1 cup of almond milk, 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder, some stevia, 1 tsp of chocolate extract, and a touch less than a 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Nice and frosty!

Mid-morning I polished off my yogurt, ground flax seed and whey protein isolate powder.

Lunch was tuna salad stuffed into a fresh and crispy red bell pepper. I hope peppers keep showing up at the farmer's market for another couple of months! Before crunching up the pepper, I spooned out yet another delicious zuke salad.

Mid-afternoon, I knocked back a whole egg and another egg white along with a raw nut mix of almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, and walnuts.

For dinner, we heated up the last portions of our eggplant parm from the other night. Half of a zucchini was spiral cut for our noodles. I cut up the remaining grilled chicken for a little added protein.

I guess it was pretty good. :-)















Time for lunch. Or breakfast? Or? What time is it??

Time for bed...


1 comment:

  1. Ruts - been there plenty of times. I usually set a goal of trying one new recipe a week, and after a while, I start missing my usual eats...read oat bran. Pizza for breakfast - nothing wrong with that. Carbs, proteins, fat all rolled into one. Perfect.

    Oaties or Cookie Cop...which do you prefer? ;)

    ReplyDelete