Sunday, September 13, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 44/A Day To Regroup

After staying up way too late to watch the Bucks lose in the waning moments of the ball game, it seemed fitting that today should be a time to take a breath and then forge forward to the next week.

For starters, we slept in today until about 8:30 ish...late for us, for sure.

Once we were out of bed, properly re-hydrated and refueled, and caffeinated (at least I had to be), we sat down and planned out meals for the week.

That pretty much wore me out (hehe), so I basted in the sun for about 45 minutes before strapping on the gym shoes for a workout.

Post-workout, I got cleaned up, had lunch and then headed off to the grocery.

By the time I got back and we got all the goods put away, it was meal prep time. We spent the rest of the evening chopping, dicing, stirring, processing, slicing, sauteing, and baking. There was lots of work involved but a good bit of the weeks meals and snacks got prepped for easy picking out of the fridge.

As much as I love a fresh meal, sometimes it's nice to just grab a container out of the fridge and eat.

Thanks to my lovely wife for all her help in the kitchen. ;-) It was definitely a team effort tonight!

WORKOUT - ARMS/ABS

The Week 7, Day 2 workout included 2 supersets of arms followed by a superset of ab work.

Superset 1: Incline DB Curls, Overhead Rope Extensions
Superset 2: Close Grip Chin Up (assisted), Dips (tricep version)
Superset 3: Bent Leg Crunch (with towel roll under back), Ab Slide (resurrected from the garage sale!)

Total Time => 39:46

Comments:

Shoulders sore but not killing me today.

My arms were definitely worked over and rubbery.

Doing crunches with the towel and correct form totally burnt my abs. I could only get 6 reps on the last set.


DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

I got things started right today with what's known in the blog world as a Green Monster. Cram all the ingredients you see below into a blender, crank it up, pour it out, and enjoy!
  • 1 C Almond Milk
  • 1 banana (frozen...there is no other way!)
  • 1/2 C blueberries
  • 1 tsp Carlson's Lemon Flavored Fish Oil
  • handful of raw nuts (cashews, Brazils, walnuts, almonds)
  • Couple handfuls of fresh organic spinach (the green in the Green Monster!)
Lunch was post-workout and shaped up much like last night's dinner. I polished off the remainder of the lo mein and 4oz. of leftover chicken cacciatore. This combination is better known as Italianese. Or is it Chintalian? Hmmm...

Chicken...















Lo Mein...














I followed up the meal with another big bowl of oatmeal raisin cookies crumbled into a good sized portion of PJ Madison's ice cream. Considering there is still a nice serving left in the pint-size container after two desserts, I'll be bold and say I didn't go *too* overboard. What about the cookies? Well, that's another story... (~:

At dinner time, Christina and I partnered up, as I mentioned earlier, to create quite the All-American summer meal. On the menu was homemade veggie burgers (thanks to Heather for inspiring this burger) and dairy-free, mayo-free cole slaw.

Click here for the copycat version of Houston's Restaurant veggie burgers. We even made our own BBQ sauce from a Google search!

The recipe for the cole slaw is located here. NOTE: We would recommend soaking the cashews for a few hours before mixing them up for the slaw dressing.

Here is our delicious dinner. Looks like a burger, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment