Friday, September 25, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 56/8's Not Enough

Week 8 of my journey through Optimum Anabolics has come to a close.

First up, three progress photos...






























































For comparison's sake, check out my Day 42 post. Not bad!

Now for this week's tale of the tape...

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 180.5 LBS (UP 2.5 LBS for week, UP 1.0 LBS total)
BF: 9.5% (according to the calipers I have) (UP 1.4% for week, UP 1.4% total)
Neck: 15-3/4" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/4" total)
Chest: 39-3/4" (UP 3/4" for week, UP 1/4" total)
Shoulders: 46-1/4" (DOWN 1/2" for the week, DOWN 1-1/4" total)
Biceps: 13-1/2" (UP
1/2" for week, NO CHANGE total)
Waist: 33-1/4" (UP 1/4" for week, UP 1/2" total)
Thighs: 20" (UP 1/4" for week, UP 1/4" total)
Calves: 15" (NO CHANGE for week, NO CHANGE total)
Adonis Effect: 1.391 (DOWN 0.026 for the week, DOWN 0.029 total)


WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

As discussed in yesterday's post, this morning's intervals were done on the stationary bike newly purchased for the home gym.

Continued to work on getting faster at the Flying Romans.


I did 28 minutes on the bike. Next week I'll pay more attention to the timing break down.

Here are today's Flying Roman results (3intervals):
  • 36 seconds
  • 35 seconds
  • 33 seconds (sweet)
Comments:

Shoulders and upper arms still way sore today.

Not much to show for the chest workout a couple days ago.

Left heel was much better today while working out AND later in the day. Very good thing.

Cardio over the weekend will continue to be bike rides only to rest the foot.

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

For breakfast I repeated yesterday's recipe for (mostly) raw blueberry cereal. This cereal is tremendously satisfying. This is a very important quality for me. Hunger and I do not get along. (~:

Mid-morning snack was carbo energy cubes and raw nuts.

A material supplier took a couple of us to lunch today at Cap City Fine Diner so there were a few discretions on my part. Things got started with a warm, buttery "white death" roll. As an appetizer, the man in charge (meaning, the guy picking up the check) ordered some house-made tater chips with alfredo sauce (the dairy laden one) and Maytag blue cheese. Oh. My. Goodness. For a meal (as if I needed more to eat), I had the veggie plate. This was a great combination of an angel hair pasta cake, mushroom spring roll, asparagus, broccoli, goat cheese, diner vegetables and marinara sauce.

I skipped the mid-afternoon snack (duh!).

For dinner, we finished off the last of the eggplant parmesan and roasted spaghetti squash.

Later in the evening, we met Christina's high school friend and her new fiance out to celebrate her friend's birthday their engagement. I sipped on 3 of these light, low cal, low carb beers. Not bad, but I prefer dark, heavy beer for sure.

To finish off a rather crappy nutritional day, I had to have a piece of the birthday cake that came from a fantastic local bakery...Golden Delight. My sis actually got her wedding cake there. It's that good. Not so good on the ingredients, however. Oh well.

Back to the weights tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment