Monday, September 7, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 38/Labor Day

Today wound up being a rather muggy, cloudy Labor Day. It seemed our mood matched the weather...blah!

We needed to do some fine-tuning on one of our empty rentals, though, so we found some energy and headed out after breakfast. It's not exactly how we'd like to spend a holiday day off but it was much needed. It's amazing what some cleaning and sprucing can do for the energy of a space!

Once home, it was time for a workout, cooking up lunch and dinner, blogging, and watching Merlin on the DVR.

Exciting holiday, huh?

It's better than no holiday, I say. :)


WORKOUT - LEGS

All 3 supersets of the Day 38, Week 6 workout were leg related.

Superset 1: Leg Extensions, Leg Curls
Superset 2:
Donkey Calf Raises, Dead Lifts
Superset 3: Seated Calf Negatives, Barbell Squats

Total Time => 38:14

Comments:

Did very well today at keeping things moving and not letting the rest periods get away from me. Today's workout was more than 2-1/2 minutes shorter than last week. I worked up quite a sweat, too.

My legs were incredibly strong today. My form during dead lifts did not break down at all...back straight, head up, shoulders and arms locked.

Stretched my calves/feet for 4 minutes today instead of 2. They needed it.

I must've done some good work on my hamstrings today. They were pretty tight at days end.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

I started the day off today with a delicious Italian-style whole egg and 2 egg white scramble of peppers, onions, and turkey sausage. I topped it with some grass-fed, organic mozzarella cheese and Christina's homemade tomato sauce.

Photo says it all...















Lunch was post-workout and involved the grill. I managed to fire up some chicken and eggplant "burgers" in between rain showers. I plated that up with some left over gluten free pizza from this past weekend. Yum!















Dessert was in order, too, so I munched on the last homemade brownie from the farmer's market yesterday. Chocolaty goodness!

For dinner, we made up some grass-fed beef meatloaf for plenty of leftovers this week. On the side was green beans sauteed up with onions and garlic in EVOO.

Mmmm....raw meat and eggs. I'm excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment