Monday, September 21, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 52/Time, Words, Opportunity

This past weekend we attended a wedding at a local Lutheran church. I'm not much of a religious guy so all the ceremonial happenings are usually just a blur to me. The part of the service (wedding or any other Sunday) that I have grown to find interest in, however, is the sermon.

The wedding officiant brought up the three words "time", "words", and "opportunity". In particular he pointed out that they have one thing in common...once they've passed, you cannot get them back.

So true.

He related the concept to marriage, of course, but my mind wandered to just life in general.

How often do we just let time pass by and say "I'll start that tomorrow"? Why not just start?

We've all had those occasions when we wish we would have chosen our words more carefully or even not said anything at all. Yes?

Whether we know it or not, we are all making choices each minute of each day. That means, to me, that opportunity is presenting itself constantly. Why not take it?

Great stuff. Just don't ask me what the bride's dress looked like. :~D

WORKOUT - LEGS

All 3 supersets of the Week 8, Day 3 workout were leg related.

Superset 1: Reverse DB Lunge , Lying Leg Curls
Superset 2: Donkey Calf Raises, Barbell Squats
Superset 3: Seated Calf Raises, Dead Lifts (AFTER squats?? Yep!)

Total Time => 49:49

Comments:

Shoulders still sore today from Sunday. Good workout!

Really hit the dead lifts hard today. Increased amount of weight lifted and focused on form.

Totally soaked after this workout. Getting up the stairs required some coaxing. :)

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

For my post-workout meal this morning I cooked up 1 egg sunny-side up with half a red pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil. I also had the scrambled egg leftover from making the eggplant parm last night and put it all on a piece of Ezekiel bread along side 2 oz of homemade grass fed beef sausage. The eggies were followed up by 2 of Polly's whole-wheat pancakes with a TBS of Earth Balance Natural Spread and 2 TBS of pure Ohio maple syrup.
















Mid-morning snack was 3 chunks of carob energy cubes
along with a handful of raw nut mix (cashews, almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts).

At lunch time, I pulled the last homemade veggie burger out of the fridge and re-heated it in the toaster oven I have in my office. While the burger was getting warm, I munched on a handful of shredded carrots and half a cucumber. For added crunch, a handful of blue corn chips did the trick.

Mid-afternoon, I snacked on lemony hummus, a green pepper, and a small tomato.

Dinner was an exciting new recipe for us...non-dairy, gluten-free, raw alfredo sauce with veggie "pasta"! After seeing this on Heather Eats Almond Butter last week, we knew we had to try it. The recipe comes from Gena at Choosing Raw.

Pre-sauce veggie plate with "parm" in the background...















Christina's plate all ready to be mixed up...















I will not claim that this tastes exactly like alfredo sauce from, say, The Olive Garden but who cares? It was fantastic! Good thing...we're having it again later in the week. :)


1 comment:

  1. Are your legs still sore from this one?

    That parm...I've been putting it on everything. So glad you two enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete