Monday, September 14, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 45/Confirmation

Day 45 puts me right smack in the middle of Week 7 of the Optimum Anabolics program. After reviewing my measurements from Day 42, I was feeling a bit discouraged. It certainly seemed like "stuff" was happening with my body and I was noticing changes in the mirror. On paper, however, there had been little to no changes to write home about.

Then I got what I needed. Third party confirmation.

While eating dinner tonight, Christina asked if I felt like a baseball player because my forearms looked much bigger. She also stated that I no longer had the physique of a runner.

Enough said.

The program is working. Changes are happening.

Onward!

WORKOUT - LEGS

All 3 supersets of the Week 7, Day 3 workout were leg related.

Superset 1: Forward DB Lunge , Lying Leg Curls
Superset 2: Donkey Calf Raises, Barbell Squats
Superset 3: Seated Calf Raises, Dead Lifts (AFTER squats?? Yep!)

Total Time => 40:09

Comments:

Shoulders still sore today from Sunday. Good workout!

My biceps were ready to jump out of my skin today. Fairly sore in this area, too.

Mowed lawn before dinner for some "extra credit" light cardio.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

My post-workout meal this morning tasted unbelievably good after an excellent workout in the home gym. I cooked up 2 eggs sunny-side up with half a jalapeno pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil. I put them on a piece of Ezekiel bread along side 2 oz of homemade grass fed beef sausage. The eggies were followed up by 2 of Polly's whole-wheat pancakes with 1 (yes, just one!) TBS of organic butter and 2 TBS of pure Ohio maple syrup.

Mid-morning snack was an energy bar from The Cookie Cop
along with a handful of raw nut mix (cashews, almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts).

Lunch was gluten free, dairy free eggplant parmesan that we made last night. Spiral cut yellow squash was used as the "noodles". Fantastic!

Christina snapped a photo of me putting together the eggplant parm to bake. Check out that pile of egg plant! The pooch is ready to pounce on anything that tries to escape!






















Mid-afternoon snack was a cutup raw red pepper and tomato with lemony hummus.

While I cut grass, Christina put together a fine fiesta of lentil tacos. This meal was inspired by Annie D over at enLightened Life. We used romaine lettuce leaves as the taco shells and dressed them with homemade guacamole and salsa. For dipping, I had a couple of handfuls of Garden of Eatin' blue corn chips.

I'm trying to get back into the routine of taking my fish oil supplement, so later in the evening I took a teaspoon of Carlson's fish oil. Good stuff (seriously!).

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo, look at those biceps. I agree, it's working!

    I want to see a picture of that breakfast. No, I want to eat that breakfast...yum!

    Our poohes do the same thing...they love veggie droppings. Well, everything except raw spinach. They spit that right back out. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete