Saturday, August 8, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 8/Got Greens?

Day 8 meant it was time to go back to the weights. Sweet! Even though it was the weekend, I chose to keep to my morning workout schedule...albeit a tad later than the usual 4:45 A.M. (~: We planned on running errands today so I didn't want to have to worry about when my workout was going to be fit in later in the day.

After working out and eating breakfast, the wife and I finished up our meal plans for the week. Before heading off to the store, I whipped up some oat groats that had been soaking overnight into some oatgurt. This is my first try at it. Hopefully it'll make a nice filling post-workout during the coming week.

The oatgurt was pretty thick so I had to blend it in two shifts to let the motor cool down. Yikes! In the meantime, I made some pico de gallo salsa that will be infusing my eggs from time to time this week as well. Yee-UM!

After a little (and I do mean a little) clean up, it was off to the races. Bank, grocery store #1, then grocery store #2. After putting things away, it was time for lunch salad. Christina had a reserved library book come in so she went to pick that up and stopped to get us some home-grown eggs on the way back. Back at the ranch, I cleaned up the kitchen which looked like WW II London after a German Luftwaffe air raid. Kaboom!

Just before putting the final touches on the cleanup, I mixed up what will be breakfast sausage for the week. That went into the downstairs fridge to let the spices permeate the grass-fed beef through the overnight. Breakfast tomorrow's going to be awesome, so stay tuned!! :~)

Before dinner, I took some time to blow through some emails, blogs, and do some blogging of my own. Dinner was quite the stir-fry you see below!

WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Superset 1: DB Front Lateral Raises, Standing Arnold Presses
Superset 2: DB Rear Raises, Side DB Raises
Superset 3: Dip Bar Shrugs (awesome!), Twisting DB Presses

Total Time => 48:30

Comments:

The workouts this week increased by 1 set which is why the time increased. Rest time between supersets was shortened, however.

Used just about the perfect amount of weight today for each exercise. Very pleased!

To top things off, I did 9 quick minutes of some light cardio...3 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of jumping rope, and 3 minutes on the bike. Why 9 minutes? It's important to keep your work time under an hour. Growth hormone levels (for muscle building AND fat burning) start to fall off a cliff after about 60 minutes. Don't want to turn the GH faucet off!

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN


Post-workout I heated up a grass-fed beef burger and topped it with the last of the goat cheese. Yeah, I know, a burger for breakfast? So good, though! On the side was the last piece of sour oat bread from the inaugural batch with a scoop of almond butter for topping.

To replenish the muscle glycogen, I carbed up with a kiwi and an orange followed by some oat cakes topped with a banana, maple syrup, and, of course, some butter. This breakfast had some staying power! It held me for a solid 5 hours! Not many meals I make accomplish that!

After the errand running, lunch was calling. I put together a BIG salad of multiple types of lettuces, green and red peppers, green onions, and an avocado dressing I whipped up. The dressing had a whole avocado, 1 ts EVOO, 1 ts flax oil, 1 T of almond butter, turmeric, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Deliciousness!

And here it is...

















Once dinner time rolled around, it was stir-fry time. On this plate are 2 different types of green beans, broccoli, and mixed veggies all in Scott's special sauce. :) The sauce would be soy sauce, mustard sauce, dijon mustard, garlic, and coconut oil along with a splash of red wine and apple cider vinegar. Once it reduces, it's almost BBQ-y (is that a word??).


















Between the salad and the stir fry, I'd say I got my green veggie servings in for the day, huh? (:

See you tomorrow for arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment