Friday, August 28, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 28/Week 4 Wrap

Today marked the end of Week 4. Sorry, what? Where in the world is time going? That's for another post, I suppose.

Anyway, the end of the week means measurement time! Below are my stats and any changes in the tape and/or scales.

Overall, I'm not too happy with my results...thus far. No worries, I'll be sticking to the program for two big reasons. First, the individuals providing testimonials on Jeff's site all went through a minimum of 9 weeks, which is one macro cycle. I'm not even half way through yet. Second, my body (and this is probably true for a lot of people) seems to accelerate it's response to a training routine in the 4-6 week range...which is where I'm at now.

So....ONWARD to Week 5!!

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 178.0 LBS (NO change for week, DOWN 1.5 LBS total)
BF: 8.1% (according to the calipers I have) (NO change)
Neck: 15-1/2" (NO change)
Chest: 39" (UP 1/4" for week, DOWN 1/2" total)
Shoulders: 46-3/4" (DOWN 1/4", DOWN 3/4" total)
Biceps: 13-1/4" (DOWN 1/4" for week, DOWN 1/4" total)
Waist: 32-3/4" (DOWN 1/4" for week, NO CHANGE total)
Thighs: 19-3/4" (NO change for week, NO change total)
Calves: 14-3/4" (DOWN 1/4" for week, DOWN 1/4" total)
Adonis Effect: 1.403 (UP 0.024 for the week, DOWN 0.002 total)


A few photos for future reference...






























































WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

Despite rising a little earlier than normal (4:20 A.M) thanks to a cold-nosed pooch, I had a really good workout today. A brief light shower and the occasional cloud-to-cloud lightening in the distance tried to drive me back inside but things never got serious enough to cause me any alarm.

My lungs and breathing were quite good today so I jogged and rode the bike a touch faster today. Also, I upped my flying Romans to 15 per side.
These were quite the find!

Jumping rope is still out, though, until my left heel completely heals (that's a lot of heel/heal...haha).

Here is today's intervals:
  • Bike, Intensity 1 (warm up), 5:45
  • Jumping Jacks, Intensity 2, 3:00 ± (about 150 jumps)
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 5:00 ±
  • Flying Romans, Intensity 3, 45 seconds? (10 each leg)
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 5:00 ±
  • Bike, Intensity 2, 5:00 ±
  • Jumping Jacks, Intensity 2, 3:00 ± (about 175 jumps)
  • Flying Romans, Intensity 3, 45 seconds? (10 each leg)
  • Jog/Walk (cool down), Intensity 1, 5:45 (jogged 3:30, walked 1:45)
Total Time => 32:00

Comments:

Only my back muscles were feeling a little tight today.

Core feeling tight and strong.

I changed the bike route up today which threw my timing off somewhat. No biggie!


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast was a beast of an omelet consisting of one egg, two egg whites, leftover grilled chicken (about 2 oz), green and red peppers, red onions and raw milk cheddar cheese. I topped it with a few shakes of the Louisiana hot sauce, too, of course.

Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 4 tsp of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.


Lunch was a tuna salad stuffed pepper. Who needs bread?! This idea was so good I repeated it! On the side, I had a "Hugh Jass" blended zucchini salad. The recipe is here.

Mid-afternoon snack was two hard-boiled egg whites and one yolk along with my raw nut cocktail of cashews, almonds, walnuts and Brazil nuts.

Dinner tonight was a repeat of Day 25. I had a grass-fed beef burger from the grill wrapped up in a turnip green "bun" with big slices of tomato and a slathering of zucchini relish from the farmers market we visited while on vacation. Of course, I had to polish off the grilled eggplant slices as well.

Pre-bed snack was a 1/2 scoop of whey protein isolate....blah....blah....

Back to the weights tomorrow. Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment