Monday, August 10, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 10/Lego My Mango

Since I'm all about piling on the suffering, not only was today Monday, it also was leg day. Day 3 of Week 2 of Jeff Anderson's Optimum Anabolics Program.

I actually got up about 15 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. I find it's better if I just go ahead and get out of bed rather than sleep with one eye open for a few more minutes. What would you do?

I tip-toed by our passed out pooch, Rocki, got some water and headed down to the basement home gym. I was an absolute sweaty mess today...and typically it takes a lot of work for me to perspire like that. I was gettin' it!

After I made my way upstairs on my knees, it was breakfast, a shower and off to work to take in a Monday.

The office day included a couple meetings so it really flew by.

On the way home, I stopped at our local organic grocery co-op for some goodies...molasses, cocoa powder, raw milk cheese, raw cashews, and some digestive enzymes. I LOVE that place!

When I got home, I made up a stir fry, then helped the wife out on her basement crusade. She is kicking some serious butt on getting things ready for our neighborhood garage sale and organizing the dungeon.

While I brewed up some detox tea, I prepped my meals and snacks for tomorrow. Wednesday, the construction company I work for will be submitting bids on a few state roadway projects. It's going to be a long day of sorting through quotes, taking phone calls, and putting together pricing. To add to the madness, I have a Health Care Committee meeting later in the day that has some pretty tough topics to discuss. It'll be a wild day for sure!

WORKOUT - LEGS, LEGS, FOLLOWED BY LEGS

All 3 supersets of the Day 3, Week 2 workout were leg related. Killer!

Superset 1: Forward DB Lunge , Backward DB Lunge
Superset 2: Standing Calf Negatives, Barbell Squats (AFTER lunges? Yep!)
Superset 3: Donkey Calf Raises, Dead Lifts (AFTER squats?? Yep!)

Total Time => 40:29

Comments:

Shoulders still sore today from Sunday. Good workout!

Arms were a little sore this week. Better but still need to work on that.

Abs were not as sore this go around. Those crunches kick butt, but I think my body is warming up to them.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast (post-workout) kicked off with about 1 cup of oatgurt. Into the oatgurt base went a peeled and chopped mango. Outstanding combination! The mango was very sweet. To finish things off, I blended up a toffee protein smoothie of almond milk, some chilled coffee, a frozen banana, espresso flavored whey protein isolate, and
some peanuts. Son of a (fill-in-the-blank)! Best smoothie I've ever made!

A fine looking mango and some oatgurt in waiting...
















Here is the blessed toffee smoothie...
















Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.

Lunch was a grass-fed beef burger wrapped in collard green leaves along with a blended zucchini salad. What's that you say? A blended salad? The recipe is here

Mid-afternoon snack was 2 hard boiled egg whites and one yolk along with a handful of raw nut mix (cashews, almonds, walnuts).

For dinner I went back to my stir-fry stand by....such a good meal. I steamed up broccoli, green beans from my sister's garden, and some mixed veggies. When those were ready they got mixed into a sauce of coconut oil, tamari, garlic, and hot mustard. For protein, some leftover chicken was thrown into the mix as well.

Pre-bed snack was...hang on to your seat...a half-cup of cottage cheese. Exciting, huh? (~:

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment