Sunday, August 30, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 30/A Moment To Breathe

Since we ran most of our errands yesterday and last night turned into a late night for this old-timer (haha), we were able to sleep until 8:00+ this morning. That's late for us anymore. The day was spent doing mundane tasks around the house, paying bills, and munching.

After dinner, we took some time to chill and breathe a little. We didn't even clean up the kitchen!

I had posted a couple high school/early college photos on Facebook so we had a few good laughs at the comments that had come in. Then we went through a box from the basement that contained some old photos from birth through my grade school years and even some high school memorobilia (otherwise known as junk!).

All the high school stuff prompted me to return a call to a good friend from high school. He teaches in the district we graduated from, so he reminded me what a lot of that stuff I had boxed up all these years was about (homecoming trinkets, favors from dances, various award certificates). I figured since I barely had no idea what any of the stuff was, that it should be designated as clutter and was destined for the trash.

Crazy what we hang on to that keeps us from breathing and our spaces so cluttered.

WORKOUT - ARMS/ABS

The Day 30 workout was a repeat of Day 23 and included 2 supersets of arms followed by a superset of ab work.

Superset 1: DB Preacher Curls, Overhead Cable Extensions
Superset 2: Twisting DB Curl (arms braced against wall), Close Grip Push Ups
Superset 3: Mountain Climbers (with 5 LB ankle weights), Hanging Knee Raises

Total Time => 41:10

Comments:

My shoulders were suprisingly sore from yesterday's workout.

Weights were just about perfect.

Mountain climbers have to be one of the best ab/core exercises ever invented.

Just like yesterday, I did a 15 minute bike ride after finished up with the iron.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN


Breakfast was an omelet consisting of one egg, two egg whites, green and red peppers, white onions and raw milk cheddar cheese. I topped it with a few shakes of the Louisiana hot sauce, too, of course.

Since I had plenty of meat on the menu for today, I opted for a breakfast dessert smoothie we'll call the "pick me up". 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee over ice, half a ton of cinnamon, a few shakes of chili powder (oh yes!), 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder, stevia powder, 1 scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder, and xanthum gum all blended up until it's so thick you have to eat it with a spoon. When it reached that point, I tossed in a few each of almonds, cashews, and walnuts and pulsed a few times just to break them up and add a little crunch (and healthy fats) to the mix.

Lunch was a grass-fed beef burger wrapped up in turnip greens "buns" along with some dijon mustard and sliced tomatoes. On the side, I had a heaping portion of steamed green beans mixed up with sauteed onions and garlic.

Come dinner time (post workout), Christina and I made one of our favorite things...pizza! To keep things gluten free, we used Gluten-Free Pantry's French Bread & Pizza Mix for the crust. This got split into two pizzas...one for each of us. I topped my pie first with minced garlic that had been briefly sauteed with EVOO. Next came the homemade Italian sausage, grass-fed organic mozzarella cheese and then the veggies and mushrooms.

Here is a pre-bake pic...

















For dessert, a cut up a banana, sliced kiwi, and a crumbled Cocoa Mole Larabar all went together into a bowl and got topped with cinnamon, steel cut oats, and about a 1/4 cup of almond milk. Not bad, huh?

Needless to say, there was no need for a pre-bed snack tonight. (~:

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - that ice-cream maker was taking up way too much space! Glad I was able to help you guys de-clutter.

    The first time I did mountain climbers, it hurt to inhale the next day.

    Your coffee smoothies get me every time. This one was like Mexican hot chocolate. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete