Friday, August 14, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 14/Finally Friday

It was the second "off day" with no weights today. I was up at 4:30 and ready to hit the cardio again to stretch the legs and lungs.

WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH
INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

Here was today's intervals:
  • Bike, Intensity 1 (warm up), 5:00
  • Jump Rope, Intensity 2, 3:00
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 5:00
  • Sprint (all out!), Intensity 3, 30 seconds
  • Jog, Intensity 2, 4:00
  • Bike, Intensity 2, 2:00 ±
  • Jump Rope, Intensity 2, 3:00
  • Sprint, Intensity 3, 30 seconds
  • Jog/Walk (cool down), Intensity 1, 5:00
Total Time => 31:30 ±

Comments:

Shoulders and chest feeling a little tight today.

Legs and booty still a little sore.

Abs were finally calmed down.

Much more comfortable on the interval times today.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast was a beast of an omelet consisting of one egg, two egg whites, fresh salsa, homemade Italian sausage (recipe here), green and red peppers, and raw milk cheddar cheese. I topped it with a few shakes of the Louisiana hot sauce, too, of course. Sound familiar? It should since this was yesterday's breakfast of choice, too. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit. Hence my staple morning snack of...

Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.

Lunch was homemade tuna salad wrapped in a collard green leaf "bread". Along side the tuna was another blended zuke salad. Yes...same as yesterday. Remember what I said about being a creature of habit??

My afternoon snack consisted of 2 hardboiled egg whites and one yolk along with my usual raw nut combination of walnuts, cashews, and almonds.

For dinner, I had a big 'ol salad with spinach and lots of veggies including carrots, tomato, celery, peppers and scallions all topped off with the last of some leftover chicken. I used some of Drew's All Natural Romano Caesar as a dressing.


As a snack before bed, I had a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

Tomorrow it's back to the weights!

No comments:

Post a Comment