Saturday, August 15, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 15/Learning To Be Free

This was a weekend day but Christina and I had scheduled some training on the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) for today from 10:00 to 6:00. That meant the Day 1 workout of Week 3 needed to be accomplished first thing so we could get out the door.

Week 3 adds a "pump" set of high reps at the end of heavy lifting for each exercise. To really keep things interesting, the rest periods between exercises are cut to 30 seconds. Ouch! Believe me, this seemed like basically zero rest! What a workout, though!

WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Superset 1: DB Front Lateral Raises, Standing Arnold Presses
Superset 2: DB Rear Raises, Side DB Raises
Superset 3: Dip Bar Shrugs (awesome!), Twisting DB Presses

Total Time => 48:30

Comments:

Used just about the perfect amount of weight today for each exercise. Very pleased!

To top things off, I did 9 quick minutes of some light cardio...3 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of jumping rope, and 3 minutes on the bike.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

For breakfast this morning (post workout), I made up an omelet of one egg, two egg whites, peppers, onions, Italian sausage, an ounce or so of raw milk cheddar cheese and some tomato sauce. Pizza omelet! To get the carb load up, I had a handful of grapes and a cup or so of oatgurt with almond butter. I was definitely satisfied and good to go for our meeting!

On our lunch break, we came home and I fired up the blender for a Green Monster! Suh-weet!
  • 1/2 frozen banna
  • 1 C frozen strawberries
  • 1 C water
  • 1T coconut milk (full fat!)
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • dash of stevia
This monster was so thick I burnt up the motor on the blender! Yep, had to pitch it in the trash. Yikes!

After our meeting was over it was dinner time I had another big salad with all the usual trimings of peppers, scallions, carrots, tomato, celery, parsley and cilantro. Tonight I added half an avocado, squeezed on some lime juice and was good to go! For dessert I had a coconut milk protein smoothie with vanilla, almonds, and a little stevia mixed it. Perfectly refreshing!

It was a full day so I hit the rack without snacking and passed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment