Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 11/Hot Cross Buns

Yeah, you know you're singing it! "One a penny, two a penny..." (~:

Fans, I have never felt such deep, consistent muscle soreness like I have today after yesterdays leg workout!

Seriously, it was so intense, the seat warmers in the car got their first use in like 6 months! Now you know where the title for this post came from. (~:

The culprit, you ask? Lunges! Damn them!

Today was nuts at work as it was the day before project bids are due to the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the work my construction company does. I did not return to the homestead until after 8:30 P.M.!

WORKOUT - BACK (JACK)

All 3 supersets of the Day 4, Week 2 workout were focused on the back. Very cool, man!

Superset 1: Hanging Row, Pull Ups (Assisted)
Superset 2: Twisting DB Row, Wide Arm Lat Pull Down
Superset 3: Wide Arm Cable Row, Close Grip Lat Pull Down

Total Time => 41:17

Comments:

I did better at pre-setting the weights but need to watch my rest periods closer. Too much wasted time!

Weights used were more in line with what I needed this week.

Legs and booty were sore, sore, sore! Seat warmers were employed again! :~)


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast (post-workout) kicked off with a little creation I'll call apple-cinnamon oatgurt. Into the oatgurt base went a chopped up apple, tons of cinnamon (duh), almond butter and a little bit of agave syrup. It was eye brow raising good! In addition, I had one egg and two egg whites scrambled up with more of that homemade salsa goodness, green and red peppers, and my homemade Italian sausage. Phew! What a meal!

Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.

For lunch, I brought back a good friend, wasabi salmon. Wass-dat-be, you ask? Salmon mixed up with some yogurt, wasabi powder, ginger, and chopped celery and peppers. Another great summer lunch. The salmon got rolled up in some collard leaves with some extra green and red pepper strips for some added crunch and flavor.

My afternoon snack was a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some white chia seeds mixed in.

Dinner, like lunch, came in front of the computer.
Let's replay lunch from yesterday, shall we? I had a grass-fed beef burger wrapped in collard green leaves along with a blended zucchini salad. The recipe is here and has quickly become a favorite. Very refreshing during the hot summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment