Saturday, August 29, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 29/Scott Eats Parm (and more)

Christina and I took the time after dinner last night to plan out our meals for the upcoming week. Exciting Friday night, huh? It was well worth our while, though, as we headed out to the local farmer's market early (relatively) this morning and picked up much of the produce we needed. I seriously cannot believe how much ORGANIC fresh produce we bought today! I'll post some pictures on Day 31 (I know, the suspense is killing you) because it's worth documenting in both words and pictures. Hehe.

From the market, we did our familiar loop to the post office box, to the bank to take advantage of a checking account offer, and then to the chain grocery for the balance of our food needs for the week.

Once home, it was time for lunch, to install a couple of door stops (our house, not the rentals), make a few business calls, email, and blog for a bit.

My workout came a little later in the afternoon today to allow for my carb intake to be timed with dinner (rather than my usual breakfast meal) and a birthday party we attended tonight.

WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Superset 1: Lying Cable Pullover, Twisting DB Military
Superset 2: Dip Bar Shrugs, Side DB Lateral Raises

Superset 3: DB Shrugs, Barbell Military

Total Time => 38:57

Comments:

Week 5 continues a 3 week break of sorts from the beating the first three weeks puts on you. It's a welcome break, believe me!

Much better on the weight choices this week.

For my "extra credit" cardio today I did a 15 minute bike ride. Since riding is essentially zero impact, it was great for getting the heart rate up there without messing with my left heal. Thankfully, it is coming along nicely in the healing process.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast was a beast of an omelet consisting of one egg, two egg whites, some fresh grass-fed beef Italian sausage (about 2 oz), green and red peppers,white onions and raw milk cheddar cheese. I topped it with a few shakes of the Louisiana hot sauce, too, of course.

Lunch was a badly needed (I was Jonesing!) "Hugh Jass" salad with spring mix greens, red, yellow, and Hungarian sweet peppers, scallions, celery, zucchini, tomato, and that to-die-for dressing left from last night's broccoli slaw salad. Protein side kicks were leftover apple-soy salmon and grilled ginger chicken.

Look at me all ready to dig in!



















My post-workout dinner was quite the feast. I had all sorts of stuff going on!

















Whole wheat spaghetti noodles, pasta sauce with sauteed green peppers, onions and mushrooms, Ezekiel bread, butter, and butter, and TONS of TJ's Romano Pecorino and Parmesan cheese.

For dessert I made up what I'll call a peach pie smoothie. One frozen peach, one frozen banana and tons of cinnamon all blended up with a cup of almond milk and a big scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder. Oh. My. Goodness.

Right after dinner, we split and headed across town for a surprise birthday party. I challenged my body with several different appetizers (including, but not limited to, calzones, chips with salsa, chips with cheese dip, crackers with pulled chicken spread, and some Chex Mix "kibbles and bits"), two beers, a couple splashes of wine and two shots of Three Olives "Bubble" vodka. This stuff tastes just like bubble gum. Unbelievable.

A game of "beer pong" was gathering in the backyard so we hit the road before things got really ugly. Once home, I took a couple of digestive enzymes and then headed for bed around 11:30. Thankfully, tomorrow's workout is scheduled for the afternoon. :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment