Sunday, August 2, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 2/Rubber Arms

Here it is, Sunday. Meh. This particular Sunday was mentally tough since the post-vacation work week lies ahead. A good part of the day was spent in preparation for the new week to come...meal planning, grocery shopping, laundry, paying bills, etc. Exciting stuff! (~:

WORKOUT - ARMS/ABS

The Day 2 workout included 2 supersets of arms followed by a superset of ab work.

Superset 1: DB Concentration Curl, Twisting DB Kickbacks
Superset 2: Close Grip Chin Up (assisted), Dips (tricep version)
Superset 3: Bent Leg Crunch (with towel roll under back), Ball Roll Outs

Total Time => 41:26

Comments:

Shoulders sore but not killing me today.

My arms were popping after that workout!

Doing crunches with the towel and correct form totally burnt my abs. I could only get 6 reps on the last set.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Vacation mode continues so my diet was not stellar again today. I know it'll be all good in the next few days so not to worry!

I did get things started right again today with another Green Monster. I love these drinks but man, they make me and "the little boys room" good friends! TMI? Sorry 'bout that... (:
  • 1 C Almond Milk
  • 1 banana frozen
  • 1/2 C blueberries
  • 4 tsp white chia seeds
  • Couple handfuls of fresh organic spinach (the green in the monster!)
Lunch was (again) a post-workout feast of kiszka (a Polish sausage), tomatoes, sour oat bread, some fruit, and my favorite...pancakes with maple syrup and loads of butter! Yum!

It felt like a beer kinda night so dinner started off with a Magic Hat Brewery Pale Ale. Hit the spot! While sipping on the brewski, I prepped and cooked our dinner which consisted of sliced sweet potatoes and onions drizzled with olive oil and baked. That was topped with fresh asparagus and wild caught mahi-mahi. Rosemary, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice served as a dressing for the fish. The whole thing went back into the oven and baked up in about 15 minutes. Seriously, this dish is now one of our favorites!

Then it was ice cream time! I loaded up a bowl and topped it with many layers of nuts and almond butter. Outstanding! It was so good last night, I had to do it again! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment