Sunday, August 16, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 16/Here, There, and Everywhere

Today was fairly busy for a Sunday. I got up later than my weekday alarm time but was still out of bed early.

After finishing putting the final touches on our meal plan for the week, I reviewed and checked my workout plan for the day, then hit the weights.

I put myself through Day 2 of Week 3 and then struggled upstairs for breakfast and followed that up with a nice shower. Felt so good!

The wife headed out to a wedding shower shortly after noon and I decided to make up another batch of raw corn bread for the week.

I had some lunch before heading off to post a notice at one of our rental properties (grrrr....) and hitting up the grocery for the weeks goodies.

By then, it was just about dinner time so Christina and I hit the kitchen and watched Tiger get beat in the PGA Championship while we ate.

Post dinner, we discussed our rental business, the upcoming week, and then chatted with my mom on the phone for a while. Once off the phone, I made up some of my Monday snacks and lunch stuff. Time to head back to work already!


WORKOUT - ARMS/ABS

The Day 16 workout was a repeat of Day 2 and included 2 supersets of arms followed by a superset of ab work. One set was added (2 sets since Week 1) to each superset exercise as a "pump" set.

Superset 1: DB Concentration Curl, Twisting DB Kickbacks
Superset 2: Close Grip Chin Up (assisted), Dips (tricep version)
Superset 3: Bent Leg Crunch (with towel roll under back), Ball Roll Outs

Total Time => 50:08

Comments:

Shoulders sore but not killing me today.

My arms were hit hard today. I upped the weight and was pretty well dead after the "pump" set.

Doing crunches with the towel and correct form continues to burn my abs out! That slow negative is a killer on both exercises.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN


My post-workout meal today was most excellent! I mixed up some scrambled eggs with a touch of buttermilk and half a boat-load of fresh salsa with some Italian sausage, veggies, and cheese. To cool the eggs down (haha), I sprinkled some Louisiana Hot Sauce over the top. Before knocking back a couple of the oaty cakes, I munched on an apple and some grapes.

Lunch was a beast of a salad with spinach, mixed greens, celery, carrot, green onion, avocado, tomato, peppers, and some scallions

Dinner was Mahi Mahi sauteed up in all the fixins you see below in the picture. Holy cow! This meal was restaurant good! Actually, it was better than a lot of restaurants! :~)

















Tomorrow is Monday so that means leg day! Yikers! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment