Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 18/Reiki For The Body

Getting out of the rack this morning wasn't too bad even after yesterday's leg thrashing. Thankfully today's workout, Day 4 of Week 3, involved zero leg participation. My back was next in line for punishment.

After another good, sweaty workout in the home gym, it was upstairs for breakfast and a shower then off to work.

Things at the office have calmed down considerably. Another round of stimulus projects awaits, however, so things will be picking back up come Fall. In the meantime, I'm thankful for the break to catch up on some stuff for work that we bid on successfully.

This evening brought one of my favorite things... an appointment with my massage therapist and Reiki master, Maggie. This combination of healing modalities is beyond phenomenal. Imagine having all the negative energy and blocks rubbed out of you by massage and then being re-energized and re-balanced through Reiki. If you have the chance to have this work done you will NOT be disappointed!

During my appointment, Maggie found many spots in my musculature that were tight, tight, tight. So much so that she sent me home with a hand held electric massage unit! Jeff should take that as a compliment as to how intense the Optimum Anabolics workouts are!

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

WORKOUT - BACK

All 3 supersets of the Day 4, Week 3 workout were focused on the back. Good thing because my legs needed the rest!

Superset 1: Hanging Row, Pull Ups (Assisted)
Superset 2: Twisting DB Row, Wide Arm Lat Pull Down
Superset 3: Wide Arm Cable Row, Close Grip Lat Pull Down

Total Time => 47:50

Comments:

I did well at pre-setting the weights but still exceeded the rest times on Superset 3. The only way around this would be to choose different exercises. That'll probably happen when things get switched up later in the program.

Weights used were just about right this week.

I was really feeling it in a good way in the thighs and glutes today! Seat warmers were employed again! :~)

As previously mentioned, Maggie found several tight areas on my bod during our session. One of those areas that she mentioned specifically were my calves. I had been stretching them for about a minute after my workouts. She said to give it 3 or 4 minutes! Got some work to do there!


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast (post-workout) started with one egg and two egg whites scrambled up with more of that homemade salsa goodness, green and red peppers, and my homemade Italian sausage. My fruit course today (haha) was an apple and about a cup of red grapes. Dessert featured 2 oaty cakes with some honey and butter. So very, very, good!

Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.

For lunch I had wasabi salmon salad after making a trip to the downtown farmer's market. While there, I picked up some green beans for tonight's dinner, a couple of multi-colored peppers and two pickling cucumbers to go along with my salmon. I cut up one of the peppers and one of the cukes back at the office and had those topped with some of Annies Organic Oil and Vinegar salad dressing. Good stuff!

For dinner after my rub down we grilled up some chicken that Christina had marinaded in some EVOO and some other herbs. On the side we had some steamed green beans purchased from the farmer's market today. There is *nothing* like fresh from the field produce! Tasty, crisp, and bursting with flavor.

No snack before bed tonight since dinner was fairly late in the evening.

Tomorrow is the final day of the Progressive Loading phase of the program. Thank God (The Universe, Buddha, All There Is, what or whoever you call it/her/him)! This has been a tough 5 days of lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment