Friday, August 21, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 21/Take A Load Off

This morning I got up at the usual time but did somethings that weren't the usual for me. For the past few weeks, this day on the Optimum Anabolics program would've meant that I'd be out doing a high intensity interval workout. Not today. Not with my calves and/or feet in shambles.

Instead, I headed downstairs with the borrowed hand-held massager and newly purchased heating pad and grabbed some ice packs out of the freezer. It was therapy time. Over the next 45 minutes, I applied ice, heat, and massage to my calves and feet. Not a bad way to wake up!

Overall, I was much more mobile today though every once in a while my right calf would "catch" and let me know it was still there. "Hey! I'm trying to heal down here!"

Tomorrow it's back to the weights with a shoulder workout. This should allow for continued lower body rest and healing. There will be more ice and heat applied and, of course, more massaging. ;-)

WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

Uh....no! Today was a rest day.


Comments:

With all the focus on my calves and/or feet, I didn't really pay much attention to much else today.

That being said, we'll get right to my measurements for the week. Drum roll please....

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 178.0 LBS (Down 1.0 LBS for week, 1.5 LBS total)
BF: 8.1% (according to the calipers I have) (NO change)
Neck: 15-1/2" (NO change)
Chest: 38-3/4" (DOWN 1/4" for week, 3/4" total)
Shoulders: 47" (No change for week, DOWN 1/2" total)
Biceps: 13-1/2" (NO change for week, NO change total)
Waist: 33" (NO change for week, UP 1/4" total)
Thighs: 19-3/4" (NO change for week, NO change total)
Calves: 15" (NO change for week, NO change total)
Adonis Effect: 1.403 (DOWN 0.026 total)


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN

Breakfast was a beast of an omelet consisting of one egg, two egg whites, fresh salsa, green and red peppers, and raw milk cheddar cheese. I topped it with a few shakes of the Louisiana hot sauce, too, of course. Today I cooked up the homemade Italian sausage (recipe here) into patties and had one along side of the eggs. Very good!

Mid-morning snack was a 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 T of ground flax seeds, and 1/3 scoop plain whey protein isolate powder.

Lunch was a grass-fed beef burger wrapped in romain leaves along with some fresh salsa that was made Sunday from lots of fresh veggies. On the side, I had yet another blended zucchini salad. Not sure if I'm going to get tired of these! The recipe is here.

Mid-afternoon snack was 2 hard boiled egg whites and one yolk along with a handful of raw nut mix (cashews, almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts).

For dinner, Christina and I made up Asian Spice-Rubbed Shrimp with Sesame Dressing from this book. This was a repeat of Day 16's meal. We couldn't resist!

Pre-bed snack was a half scoop of whey protein isolate powder mixed up in a little water.

Tomorrow the weights await (haha). Week 4 begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment