Saturday, October 17, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 78/Deacon Dad

Last September, my dad was ordained as a Deacon in the Roman Catholic (Cat-lick as we like to say) Church. Today, just a little over a year later, he had the opportunity to preside over his wedding ceremony and give the homily (sermon).

Christina, my mom, and I managed to sneak in to witness the event and snap a couple photos.

Despite a shaky start (he almost lost it when the bride came down the aisle), he gathered himself and gave a stellar homily on blessings. I'm pretty sure my mom and I cried more than the rest of the congregation combined.

Listening to the readings and staying safe from the Swine Flu (note hand sanitizer)...























Getting ready to officially announce the new couple:

















It was a fun day and I'm very glad Christina and I made the trip. Nice job, Dad! We're proud of you!


WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Week 12 of the Optimum Anabolics program is the 3rd of 3 weeks of lighter workouts. Rest period remains at 3 minutes between supersets and the number of repetitions of each exercise are reasonable.

Superset 1: Lying Cable Pullovers, Barbell Military Press
Superset 2: Dip Bar Shrugs, Side DB Raises
Superset 3: DB Shrugs, Twisting DB Presses

Total Time => 37:20

Comments:

Increased the weights used just a touch today. Still made sure I was not going all the way to failure.

I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike after the weights for some light cardio work.


DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

Dinner was for breakfast this morning after my workout. I started off with leftover gluten-free pizza topped with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, grass fed beef sausage, and grass fed, organic mozzarella cheese.

Dessert was unbelievable. The leftover roasted pie pumpkin was warmed in the oven during my workout. Just before eating, I mixed in a frozen banana, maple syrup, and the last square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate. The Great Pumpkin would be proud. (~:
















Before we hit the road, I blended up a smoothie for a quick lunch later in the day. The Kitchen Aide whipped up:
  • 1c of chilled Best Coffee Ever
  • 1c of whole Snowville Creamery milk
  • 2 scoops of plain whey protein isolate powder
  • 2 TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 TBS Udo's Oil Blend
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp chocolate extract
  • 1/4 tsp corn starch
  • 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
Mom cooked up a feast for dinner of horseradish beef pot roast, carrots, and potatoes with gravy. Christina and I supplied the Brussels sprouts from yesterday's farmer's market and gluten free, dairy free sweet potato pie! Somehow I missed getting a picture of the pie but check out the size of the sweet potato we used!
















1 comment:

  1. Oh many congrats to your Dad. So nice of you guys to drive up to see him perform the wedding.

    I tried making a gluten free pizza crust yesterday - it was a disaster. Still tasted good though.

    Roasted pie pumpkin dessert sounds perfect. Orange yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete