Thursday, October 8, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 69/Ready, Set, STOP!

Don't say it. Don't say "go".

When it comes to working out and eating well most of the time, I really do not struggle for motivation anymore. Exercise, good nutrition, and Overall Fitness are just part of my life. However, I know others lack the motivation to treat their bodies well or, like me, have other tricky areas where they often trip up.

I found this blog post on eliminating the various forms of the word "go" to be very helpful.

Why cut out the "go" and "going"?

As it turns out, our subconscious instantly thinks of work when we use these terms.

Pay attention to how you react when you say things like "I'm going to eat healthy today" or "I'll go to the gym tomorrow". Feel negative to you?

Now switch it around. How about "I am eating healthy today" or "I'm making time for the gym tomorrow"? Better?

Try this mentality switch out on a few small things you want to change or get done and see what happens. Maybe something will!

WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

This morning's intervals were done on the stationary bike for 28 minutes.

Continued to work on getting faster at the Flying Romans.


Here are today's Flying Roman results (3 intervals, 15 per leg):
  • 33 seconds
  • 28 seconds(!)
  • 29 seconds(!)
Comments:

Now that I cracked the 30 second mark on the Roman's, next week I'll set the timer for 30 seconds and see how many I can do.

Not much soreness to speak of today. I'm fine with that since this is part of the lighter cycle.

Left heel is still sore and I'm still favoring it. Progress? I'll describe it as "no change".

Cardio over the weekend will continue to be bike rides only to rest the foot.

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

Post workout this morning I went with a 1 egg and 2 egg white omelet. Mixed in was yellow pepper and red onion sauteed in coconut oil. I topped the omelet off with 2 oz of raw organic sharp cheddar cheese and a few shakes of Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Mid-morning, I snacked on 1/2 c Greek style yogurt mixed up with ground flax seed and 1/3 scoop of plain whey protein isolate powder.

I had lunch today with Hugh Jass. I was in need of some greens and veggies so I filled up one of those big spinach containers from the grocery about 2/3 of the way to the top with spinach, arugula, red and yellow peppers, cucumber, celery, green onion, carrots, shredded cabbage, and parsley. The tub-o-salad got dressed with 2 TBS of EVOO mixed up with rice vinegar, minced garlic, lemon juice, and a dash of cayenne pepper and topped with 5 oz of grilled chicken breast. It seemed like I was chomping away endlessly but it was delicious.

My afternoon snack today was less than stellar nutrionally but it sure tasted good. Mmm...chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

By time dinner rolled around, I was quite hungry. The cookies just didn't cut it...imagine that. Tonight we tried a different recipe from our favorite cookbook, The Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook. Once again we were not disappointed in our choice...pan browned tilipia. We went with mahi-mahi, however, instead of the tilipia. Another good choice. On the side was raw, dairy free alfredo sauce over zuchinni noodles.

Lookin' (and tastin') good...

















I knocked back 30 g of whey protein isolate powder along with my supplements just before bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment