Friday, October 2, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 63/Niner

How in the world is this the end of Week 9 already? Sheesh!

The results are in!

MEASUREMENTS:

Weight: 181.5 LBS (UP 1.0 LBS for week, UP 2.0 LBS total)
BF: 9.5% (according to the calipers I have) (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1.4% total)
Neck: 16" (UP 1/4" for week, UP 1/2" total)
Chest: 39-3/4" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/4" total)
Shoulders: 46-1/2" (UP 1/4" for the week, DOWN 1" total)
Biceps: 13-1/2" (NO CHANGE
for week, NO CHANGE total)
Waist: 33-1/4" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/2" total)
Thighs: 20" (NO CHANGE for week, UP 1/4" total)
Calves: 15" (NO CHANGE for week, NO CHANGE total)
Adonis Effect: 1.391 (UP 0.007 for the week, DOWN 0.022 total)


WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

Continued to work on getting faster at the Flying Romans.

I did 28 minutes of the interval program on the bike.

Here are today's Flying Roman results (3 intervals):
  • 38 seconds
  • 33 seconds
  • 31 seconds (sweet)
Comments:

Shoulders and upper arms still way sore today.

Not much to show for the chest workout a couple days ago.

Left heel was pretty sore all day today.

Cardio over the weekend will continue to be bike rides only to rest the foot.

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION (LAST DAY!)

For breakfast I repeated yesterday's recipe for (mostly) raw blueberry cereal. Despite being calorie dense, this cereal does not weigh heavily on the tummy...quite light honestly.

Mid-morning, I put away a delicious local apple from the farmer's market and my daily dose of raw cashews, brazils, walnuts, and almonds.

Since this is the last day of being a partial vegetarian, I decided to venture out for lunch and hit up a local Indian food restaurant. This was a first for me. It was off to the North Market in downtown C'bus where I found Flavors of India. Having never been, I had no idea what to choose. Since the line was fairly long, I had the opportunity to quiz my fellow diners on just what the heck some of the entrees were and what was good.

My order ended being channa masala over basmati rice and a samosa filled with peas and chunks of white potato. The channa masala was outstanding and worth trying in the kitchen at home. The samosa was a bit disappointing largely due to the fact that it was heated in the microwave. The crust would've been nice and flakey, however, had it been fresh. I ate the whole thing, though, just to make sure it was ok. (~:

I skipped out on an afternoon snack today. That masala was p-lenty to carry me over to dinner.

We heated up (not in the microwave, thank you) two more servings of the egg plant parm that Christina made on Day 61 for dinner and put that over some zucchini noodles. There was a brief moment of panic when we realized we were out of "parm", but another batch was quickly whipped up before we ate. All is right in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the heel is still giving you trouble.

    Out of parm? Whew - that was a close one. Don't scare me like that.

    Hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete