Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 74/Homemade Protein Bars

In an attempt to mix up my snack routine, I did some looking around and found a recipe for making your own protein bars. Easy, portable, convenient, and cheap. Perfect.

A note of caution: this recipe is not for the fat or calorie fearing folks.

Better sit down for this long ingredient list :)
  1. Natural Nut Butter of your choice – I used almond butter
  2. Heavy/Double Cream - I used full fat coconut milk this time around
  3. Whey Protein – The flavor of your choice.
Almond butter and protein in the bowl prior to mixing:
















Got it nice and crumbly for addition of coconut milk (did not use the milk this time):


















Snack time!
















WORKOUT - BACK


All 3 supersets of the Week 11, Day 4 workout were focused on the back.

Superset 1: Twisting DB Rows, Pull Ups (Assisted)
Superset 2:
Wide Arm Cable Row, Close Grip Lat Pull Down Superset 3: Close Grip Cable Row, Wide Arm Lat Pull Downs
Total Time => 38:48

Comments:

Focused on my form today.

My grip muscles got a bit of a break but still plenty of pulling during this workout.

DIET - HIGH PROTEIN (PLUS 1)

After my workout this morning I cooked up a 2 egg white and 1 whole egg omelet. I mixed in some red onion and bell pepper sauteed in coconut oil and topped it off with 1 oz of grass fed mozzarella cheese. For carbs, I made a primal waffle sandwich with chocolate and maple syrup...

















In hindsight, I should have glopped on some of the roasted pie pumpkin. Next time!

Mid-morning, I had a 1/2 cup of yogurt (back to the regular kind) mixed up with 4 tsp of ground flax seed and 1/3 scoop of whey protein isolate.


For lunch I heated up a hunk of tahini covered meatloaf and had a big ol' salad with spinach, arugula, carrots, celery, tomato, red pepper, and scallions.


See photo above for afternoon snack details.

Leftover lamb roast with steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts (fresh, local veggies from the farmer's market today!) on the side was dinner tonight.
















Look at that plate of veggies!

Pre-bed snack was 30g of whey protein isolate powder mixed in water.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - finally someone who eats as much broccoli as me. Loved the homemade protein bars - so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. ausroids

    ReplyDelete