Thursday, October 1, 2009

Optimum Anabolics - Day 62/I'm going with...

...Plantar Fascitis.

I did some research on the net and it appears this is the problem with my left heal.

Here is what Google Health had to say:

The most common complaint is pain in the bottom of the heel. It is usually worst in the morning and may improve throughout the day. By the end of the day the pain may be replaced by a dull aching that improves with rest.

Most people complain of increased heel pain after walking for a long period of time.


Um, yep. That sums it up.


Assuming this is my plight, there is some good and some bad.

It's good in the sense that it's not a huge deal, is rather simple to treat, and is a fairly common problem.

Bad is relative, I realize, but the symptoms can last for several months. Thankfully, I've been treating the condition as prescribed for a few weeks now so hopefully being pain free is not that far off.

WORKOUT - CARDIO (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING)

This morning's intervals were done on the stationary bike for 27 minutes.

Continued to work on getting faster at the Flying Romans.
Whaddya know? I got faster!

Here are today's Flying Roman results (3 intervals):
  • 38 seconds
  • 32 seconds
  • 33 seconds (sweet)
Comments:

Shoulders and upper arms still sore today.

Chest was somewhat sore today. Not what I would've expected, however.

Left heel is still sore and I'm still favoring it. It gets better after I take a few steps.

Cardio over the weekend will continue to be bike rides only to rest the foot.

Calves and feet got stretched for 2 minutes per side today.

DIET - PROTEIN DEPRIVATION

For breakfast I repeated last week's recipe for (mostly) raw blueberry cereal. This cereal is tremendously satisfying. This is a very important quality for me. Hunger and I do not get along. (~:

Mid-morning snack was 2 oatmeal cinnamon cookies from The Cookie Cop and 3 Brazil nuts.

Lunch time meant another round of raw tortilla soup with a couple of handfuls of blue corn tortilla chips from Trader Joes. I love this lunch.

Hummus and red bell pepper = afternoon snack.

Dinner was leftover 3-bean chili. This dish is too simple to be so good. The longer is sits, the better it gets!

Cardio on the stationary bike again tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment